Friday, October 4, 2013

Baker Spotlight: Janvier from Sweet Treats Cupcakery


Sweet Treats is your solution to elegant indulgence. Since 2009, they have been satisfying the sweet tooth of the DMV area with the best homemade cupcakes, cakes, cookies, truffles and other treats. They use fresh and wholesome ingredients and everything is made from scratch. They cater weddings, birthday parties, bridal showers, baby showers and many more. Or you can just treat yourself with the most scrumptious and delicious cupcakes ever made. Like your Grandma's cake with a touch of simple elegance.

Tell us about yourself

I grew up in the kitchen with my Mom and my GrandMa. I've been cooking and baking ever since I was 4 years old. So it's in my nature. The kitchen is my special place where I make fabulous-ness happen. I love watching cooking channels and reading cookbooks. I am very creative and detail oriented. So every cupcake that I make has to be perfect for you.

What is your favorite type of cupcake?

My favorite type of cupcake is my Grandmas Banana Spice cupcake that I top with cream cheese frosting and fill and drizzle with caramel. It's also delicious without the fixings. Either way, I love it.

If you had to describe yourself as a cupcake, how would you?

If I were to describe myself as a cupcake, it would have to be my favorite Banana Spice cupcake. Warm and homey flavors. Caramel like myself and just so darn sweet and yummy! Yep. That's me.

What is your other favorite local cupcakery?

There's only one place where the cupcakes are delicious other than mine, and that's Sprinkles Cupcakery! They're good.

What cupcakes do you plan to bring to CupcakeCampDC?

I am bringing the Best RED VELVET cupcakes you'll ever taste! Topped elegantly with a Chocolate Ferrero Rocher candy. These are like none other. Just wait and see.


"Baker Spotlight" is an online featurette of bakers or bakeries that are participating in CupcakeCampDC.

No comments:

Post a Comment